Skip to main content

felt like a blog

It's Friday. We have class tonight. Hope is coming to watch Madeleine.

She's in a great mood right now. She did not want to take an afternoon nap but we made her stay in her crib. She slept for about 40 minutes and has been in a great mood. One thing that helps is that she loves drinking milk (cow's) now from her sippy cup. So since I'm down to 2 nursings a day - morning and night - she's drinking more milk. I say that it helps because I think having her sippy cup near her to dink whenever she feels a little hungry is keeping her happier. It makes sense to me. The problem is that I've noticed when she's drinking milk she doesn't eat as well at meals.

She loves grilled cheese. I'm glad she likes it because it's really easy and fast to make for her. However, I'm not thrilled about her eating white bread, butter and processed cheese. She ate a whole sandwich for lunch today.

Yesterday I got more birthday gifts. A package came from my parents with a great sweater vest, black long sleeve t-shirt and cookies. Phil went to METRO for some stuff we needed and came back with stuff for me, too - a teapot, Pringles, raspberry jam, and chickpeas. The chickpeas I had asked him to pick up but the rest was just nice stuff that he wanted to get me. The teapot is beautiful, shiny and big. I've already used it twice today.

The weather here has been awful. It's humid, hot and polluted. For the last few days we haven't seen any blue sky or the buildings across town because of the smog. It's gross. I can't wait until it clears out and we have cool days. I know it's possible because it's happened a few times since we've been here. That blue sky is up there somewhere.

Tomorrow I may get a facial at 5 Sisters. My skin has been really yucky since we got here. I'm not sure if it's the pollution or the water. The facials are a lot cheaper than the massages. It's still an hour long and they massage your head and neck. It sounds great and I hope that it will help my skin. If it does than I may need to get a frequent shoppers card. Hee! Hee!

I'm trying a new recipe tonight - Chicken and Apple Curry. It's a simple stir-fry. I'd better get it started.

Popular posts from this blog

to Madeleine

So it's here. It's September 1, 2010. Madeleine Diane Steiner, the girl that made me a mom, is going to kindergarten. She's 4 years and 10 months old. Why does my heart ache and my eyes well up with tears? Madeleine is showing signs of growing up and somehow that feels sad. Who knows all the reasons why but I safely assume I'm not the first mom to have these feelings. And I assume I'll feel them many times again. I have all these hopes and fears for her today. I hope she makes friends. I fear that she'll be lonely. I hope she loves to learn. I fear that she'll be overwhelmed with the Chinese language. I hope she gets the best education we can offer her. I fear that I'll too soon be writing about her first day of middle school, high school, college. Yet, in these hopes and fears I have this knowledge that this is all right. This is good. This is how it should be. She is meant to grow up, meant to move in to a stage of life where challenge...

bakery

This morning I got up around 5:30am. I'm leading a study tonight at a friend's house and so I've had time to this morning to think over what I want to share with my sisters. Our weather cooled off yesterday and this morning it's still cool and the crickets sound so lovely. Something about this morning has reminded me of working at My Favorite Muffin in Clarkesville. I had to get up around 5:30am back then so I could be at the shop at 6am. We opened at 6:30. I was never the only one on the road but it always felt peaceful and fresh driving to the bakery. The baker was always at the shop before me. He would get there around 5am to start the days baking. I really loved that job. It was so simple and predictable but it was just a great job. The sun is just coming up here and it looks like a nice day is coming. This is our last full day with the Littletons here. They'll leave tomorrow night for their flights back to Thailand. I'll miss them.

going to the Mellen Center

I am so glad that I'm saved. I love having a Savior that gets me. A Savior that holds me and carries me and walks with me and cheers for me. A Savior that doesn't care that I'm weak and tired and so inclined to doubt but instead he gets excited in my weakness because then he can be best understood. I also love that he doesn't want me to be weak. So he gives me strength. I remember the first time Phil told me that he loved me. I felt shocked and astounded. That this guy that I thought was so awesome, loved me. And he told me! He didn't have to. He just couldn't help it. He loved me so much that he just had to let me know. And then there's my Savior. Jesus. He loves me. He loves me so much that he just had to tell me. He didn't have to love me but he does and he told me. He told me this morning, too. He keeps telling me over and over how much he loves me. Jesus loves me. I'm astounded.