Skip to main content

metro

I headed out this morning around 10am for METRO. Metro is a German founded store that is similar to a COSTCO in the size and set-up of the store but it doesn't focus on bulk items. It has a good import section and METRO brand items are good quality. We buy imported milk (New Zealand) from METRO and diapers on a regular basis. Today I had a fairly long list of sauces and other staples. I enjoyed being out and not needing to rush through the store. My favorite part was picking out plastic containers. Isn't that weird? But I love looking at Tupperware catalogs or looking at all the shapes and sizes at the store. I know everyone isn't so easily entertained so I won't tell you about the ones I bought.

Our house smells like poop, and that's putting it nicely. It's not Bella or Madeleine's fault. I know who's fault it is but I don't want my site shut down so you figure it out. Sewer gases come up through the drains in our bathrooms and at times it's unbearable. Today it smells like someone is also flushing paint thinner or some other strong chemical because it's almost an acidic smell. Thankfully, with the bathroom doors closed it's not too strong in the rest of the house. I do wonder how it affects our health. For example, this cold that keeps lingering and lingering.

Tomorrow afternoon we have a cookout with others from our company. It was my idea because I know that our company has a grill and I love grilling in the summer. I should say I love eating grilled foods in the summer. Usually once a month we have a potluck and since it's tomorrow it's a BYOM barbecue. I've been asked to do the grilling. No one was too impressed with the grilling last time (which I was not a part of) so I guess folks are hoping I can do better. The problem last time was the meat not the cooks but I'm happy to help anyway.

Yummy, Yummy, Yummy...I can't wait.

Popular posts from this blog

to Madeleine

So it's here. It's September 1, 2010. Madeleine Diane Steiner, the girl that made me a mom, is going to kindergarten. She's 4 years and 10 months old. Why does my heart ache and my eyes well up with tears? Madeleine is showing signs of growing up and somehow that feels sad. Who knows all the reasons why but I safely assume I'm not the first mom to have these feelings. And I assume I'll feel them many times again. I have all these hopes and fears for her today. I hope she makes friends. I fear that she'll be lonely. I hope she loves to learn. I fear that she'll be overwhelmed with the Chinese language. I hope she gets the best education we can offer her. I fear that I'll too soon be writing about her first day of middle school, high school, college. Yet, in these hopes and fears I have this knowledge that this is all right. This is good. This is how it should be. She is meant to grow up, meant to move in to a stage of life where challenge...

bakery

This morning I got up around 5:30am. I'm leading a study tonight at a friend's house and so I've had time to this morning to think over what I want to share with my sisters. Our weather cooled off yesterday and this morning it's still cool and the crickets sound so lovely. Something about this morning has reminded me of working at My Favorite Muffin in Clarkesville. I had to get up around 5:30am back then so I could be at the shop at 6am. We opened at 6:30. I was never the only one on the road but it always felt peaceful and fresh driving to the bakery. The baker was always at the shop before me. He would get there around 5am to start the days baking. I really loved that job. It was so simple and predictable but it was just a great job. The sun is just coming up here and it looks like a nice day is coming. This is our last full day with the Littletons here. They'll leave tomorrow night for their flights back to Thailand. I'll miss them.

going to the Mellen Center

I am so glad that I'm saved. I love having a Savior that gets me. A Savior that holds me and carries me and walks with me and cheers for me. A Savior that doesn't care that I'm weak and tired and so inclined to doubt but instead he gets excited in my weakness because then he can be best understood. I also love that he doesn't want me to be weak. So he gives me strength. I remember the first time Phil told me that he loved me. I felt shocked and astounded. That this guy that I thought was so awesome, loved me. And he told me! He didn't have to. He just couldn't help it. He loved me so much that he just had to let me know. And then there's my Savior. Jesus. He loves me. He loves me so much that he just had to tell me. He didn't have to love me but he does and he told me. He told me this morning, too. He keeps telling me over and over how much he loves me. Jesus loves me. I'm astounded.