Skip to main content

"morning" sickness

I felt pretty sick this morning and was really wishing I wasn't a full time language student. I've decided I've just got to get through this and can't stay home. Last Friday was the exception since I almost passed out but otherwise I'll be there. I haven't puked yet but feel like I will at anytime. Since Friday, I've felt sick for the most part of every day. I can still function, play with Maddie, study, cook (only Western style, Chinese makes me really want to puke), but at times it's really hard. Tonight cooking supper I thought I might have to give it over to Phil but after drinking some milk I felt better. The hardest thing is making myself eat and drink when I really don't want to at all but it really does help. I had no idea what I was missing with pregnancy when I carried Maddie!

Hopefully this is just a 1st trimester sickness. A great thing about language school is although it's hard work I just have to be there 3 hours and the rest of the time is mine to do as I see fit. So, I've been taking long naps and studying for about an hour in the afternoons. I don't know why but I seem to be learning better for the last few days. Maybe I'm putting less pressure on myself because of the sickness. I don't do well with pressure.

Phil and Maddie are coping well. Maddie likes to look at her belly when I talk to her about the baby. She says, "Baby?" and looks at her belly and then pats mine. :-)

Phil, as always, is treating me well and although I haven't had him do any crazy food runs he did help me figure out how to make hoagies the other night when that was the only thing that sounded good.

It was no Italian hoagie from Rocco's in Phoenxiville but it worked.

Popular posts from this blog

to Madeleine

So it's here. It's September 1, 2010. Madeleine Diane Steiner, the girl that made me a mom, is going to kindergarten. She's 4 years and 10 months old. Why does my heart ache and my eyes well up with tears? Madeleine is showing signs of growing up and somehow that feels sad. Who knows all the reasons why but I safely assume I'm not the first mom to have these feelings. And I assume I'll feel them many times again. I have all these hopes and fears for her today. I hope she makes friends. I fear that she'll be lonely. I hope she loves to learn. I fear that she'll be overwhelmed with the Chinese language. I hope she gets the best education we can offer her. I fear that I'll too soon be writing about her first day of middle school, high school, college. Yet, in these hopes and fears I have this knowledge that this is all right. This is good. This is how it should be. She is meant to grow up, meant to move in to a stage of life where challenge...

bakery

This morning I got up around 5:30am. I'm leading a study tonight at a friend's house and so I've had time to this morning to think over what I want to share with my sisters. Our weather cooled off yesterday and this morning it's still cool and the crickets sound so lovely. Something about this morning has reminded me of working at My Favorite Muffin in Clarkesville. I had to get up around 5:30am back then so I could be at the shop at 6am. We opened at 6:30. I was never the only one on the road but it always felt peaceful and fresh driving to the bakery. The baker was always at the shop before me. He would get there around 5am to start the days baking. I really loved that job. It was so simple and predictable but it was just a great job. The sun is just coming up here and it looks like a nice day is coming. This is our last full day with the Littletons here. They'll leave tomorrow night for their flights back to Thailand. I'll miss them.

going to the Mellen Center

I am so glad that I'm saved. I love having a Savior that gets me. A Savior that holds me and carries me and walks with me and cheers for me. A Savior that doesn't care that I'm weak and tired and so inclined to doubt but instead he gets excited in my weakness because then he can be best understood. I also love that he doesn't want me to be weak. So he gives me strength. I remember the first time Phil told me that he loved me. I felt shocked and astounded. That this guy that I thought was so awesome, loved me. And he told me! He didn't have to. He just couldn't help it. He loved me so much that he just had to let me know. And then there's my Savior. Jesus. He loves me. He loves me so much that he just had to tell me. He didn't have to love me but he does and he told me. He told me this morning, too. He keeps telling me over and over how much he loves me. Jesus loves me. I'm astounded.