Skip to main content

it's november

We're busy. I think it's actually the DVD players fault. And also we've had several visitors.

Last night we went to The Best Western for supper. Maybe you don't imagine The Best Western as a classy joint but when it's an international chain it is. It was very nice and the buffet was wonderful. It supposedly had an Italian theme but the Italian food I tried was not the best stuff there. The best dish was diced potatoes with onion and bacon. It was a little spicy and just really great. Also the bread pudding was delicious. Not only was the food great but Maddie had a highchair. We always take the stroller or baby backpack with us to restaurants because there are never highchairs. We had our stroller with us but when we arrived the staff had already put a highchair at the table. It was really big and plush. I think Maddie liked being up at the table with everyone and she had just as much fun throwing almost every bit of food we gave her on the floor. She did eat bread. All that good food and she eats bread.

The weather has been really nice. Warmer than I'd like for November but it's not too hot and the sky has been blue. Madeleine and I have spent a lot of time outside walkiing around. She loves walking. She gets so excited when I put her down to walk that she flaps her arms and makes really cute screeching noises. The problem is that she wants to stop and pick up everything she sees (cigeratte butts, tissues, old food, candy wrappers, leaves -which are okay). So we walk for awhile and then carry for awhile and then walk and then carry....

A few days ago we played at the playgroud that's in a park beside the river. There were a lot of other kids there and so we were getting a lot of attention. Maddie was okay with it so so was I. This little boy who was probably 3 fell in love. He kept holding Maddie's hand as she walked and he got so excited one time that he ran up to her and accidently knocked her over. She fell on him so no one cried. She took the best nap after that outing.

Everyone's been invited to the birthday party next Friday. All packages from the States have arrived that we know of. Now, I need to get her a gift. I don't really need to but I want to. I'd love to find her a play shopping cart. I think she'd really like pushing it around but I have no idea where I'd find that. Well, that's not true...I know some of the malls have toy stores so I could look there.

I could always just take one from the grocery store. I'm sure she'd love pulling all the gunk off the tires. She won't eat food from The Best Western but I bet she'd stick tire junk in her mouth.

Popular posts from this blog

my amazing daughters

*Disclaimer* - The following may not be amazing at all. Lilian can blow her nose.  Hold a tissue to her nose, say "blow" and she blows her nose.  She's 10 months old.  I'm sorry, but that is amazing. Lilian answers questions by shaking her head "yes" or "no".  For example, "Do you want more to drink?"  followed by her head shaking "no". Lilian knows exactly what she is not allowed to touch.  As she approaches the forbidden object she starts shaking her head "no". She waves goodbye and hello. She puts objects to her ear, pretends it's a cell phone and says, "hi." Phil once heard her say, "All done!" Madeleine can tell you the story of Lazarus being raised from the dead.  She knew it after hearing it one time.  She can also tell you about Jesus' ressurection but Lazarus sometimes ends up in there too. She is 3 years old and 5 months. She gets up every morning around 5:30am, goes to the bathroo

rainy, sleepy saturday afternoon

This is perfect.  My husband and eldest daughter are asleep in the living room with an F1 race on. My baby is asleep in her room.  I've had time to sort through my entire wardrobe and pull out the stuff I never wear.  I just finished looking up recipes for Yorkshire pudding, roast beef and pie crust.  I've had a cup of tea.  Plus I had a nap earlier. For some reason my mother-in-law's pie crust recipe sometimes works well and sometimes makes me want to throw the messy, crumbly dough out our 8t h floor window.  So, I've decided that I will find the perfect crust.  It's going to take a lot of sacrifice on our part as we eat my attempts. Some Canadian friends ate Yorkshire pudding at their Easter meal.  It was the one dish my friend mentioned when I asked how their lunch went (I knew they were having a BIG group over).  So, I figured it must be pretty great.  I'm going to try it.  From what I've read I think it should be called Yorkshire bread. Yorkshire pud

coffee at ikea

Phil is coming home today! Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. This morning I canceled a doctor's appointment (who needs immunizations anyway?) so that Mom and I could take full advantage of the nanny and could enjoy a morning at IKEA. Mom's flying out tonight and we won't have another chance to just hang out the 2 of us before they fly to the States for the holidays. Our first stop was at the IKEA restaurant for coffee and a danish. The store was pretty empty so it was really nice just wondering around. Mom bought Maddie's bday gift - a wooden baby bed for her favorite doll. Then we finished it off with a hotdog and flat coke. The weather it typical here today. Rainy and cool. Both girls are snoozing and since I had 2 cups of coffee, I am not.