Skip to main content

facebook

I got a facebook site last week. I don't know if I should announce this because I actually don't like that I have a site and the pressure that comes with it concerning Facebook "friends". I also don't like that there's another thing on the internet that takes up my time. I haven't posted here in days and days and days and this is what I actually enjoy. But somehow Facebook has sucked me in and I really, really don't like that. The hard thing is that there are people I've talked with in the last couple days that I haven't seen in years and well, that's good.

My life right now is really odd. Madeleine and Phil are in Beijing. They left Monday and will be back tomorrow, Thursday, evening. Being home with a newborn is just incrediably dull. The good thing about it is that I can blog, excersice, watch Seinfield, go for long walks with Lilian, sleep past 6am and pretty much do anything I want as long as it involves toting around a 3 month old. Which, surprisingly, means I can do a lot. But it's very odd to be in a house this quiet all day. Lilian's not much for crying or chatting so it is quiet. It reminds me of why I hated being a stay at home mom when Maddie was born.

So, I'm looking forward to them getting home but not so excited about getting up at 6am Friday morning.

Phil's parents have been in China for almost 3 weeks now. They were here with us for a little over 2 weeks and now they are in Beijing with Maddie and Phil. They fly back to OH tomorrow.

We hadn't seen them since September 1st of 2006. Madeleine was 9 months old. It was so incrediably good to have them here. And therefore, very hard to see them go. When I married Phil I didn't really understand much of anything and I definitely didn't understand how precious it was going to be to have loving, supportive, fun, Godly in-laws. It is a blessing among many that have come with marrying Phil Steiner.

I was looking through old pictures of Madeleine this afternoon. I had forgotten how super cute she was as a baby. I asked my dad today if he thought she would get less cute as she got older. He thought that was an odd question but I sometimes wonder how she can possibly get any cuter and then she does. There are times when I am actually surprised by how beautiful she is. The really wonderful thing is that her heart is so beautiful, too. She's tender and sweet to Lilian, concerned and caring about her friends and quick to give a hug if she thinks I'm blue.

And how can I go on without mentioning Lilian? She has these bright blue eyes that light up when you talk to her and little fingers that love to hold big fingers. She is possibly the sweetest newborn I have ever held and intelligent to boot.

I know I'm in love but I'm not biased. This is all based on the facts that are before my face every single day.

Popular posts from this blog

my amazing daughters

*Disclaimer* - The following may not be amazing at all. Lilian can blow her nose.  Hold a tissue to her nose, say "blow" and she blows her nose.  She's 10 months old.  I'm sorry, but that is amazing. Lilian answers questions by shaking her head "yes" or "no".  For example, "Do you want more to drink?"  followed by her head shaking "no". Lilian knows exactly what she is not allowed to touch.  As she approaches the forbidden object she starts shaking her head "no". She waves goodbye and hello. She puts objects to her ear, pretends it's a cell phone and says, "hi." Phil once heard her say, "All done!" Madeleine can tell you the story of Lazarus being raised from the dead.  She knew it after hearing it one time.  She can also tell you about Jesus' ressurection but Lazarus sometimes ends up in there too. She is 3 years old and 5 months. She gets up every morning around 5:30am, goes to the bathroo

rainy, sleepy saturday afternoon

This is perfect.  My husband and eldest daughter are asleep in the living room with an F1 race on. My baby is asleep in her room.  I've had time to sort through my entire wardrobe and pull out the stuff I never wear.  I just finished looking up recipes for Yorkshire pudding, roast beef and pie crust.  I've had a cup of tea.  Plus I had a nap earlier. For some reason my mother-in-law's pie crust recipe sometimes works well and sometimes makes me want to throw the messy, crumbly dough out our 8t h floor window.  So, I've decided that I will find the perfect crust.  It's going to take a lot of sacrifice on our part as we eat my attempts. Some Canadian friends ate Yorkshire pudding at their Easter meal.  It was the one dish my friend mentioned when I asked how their lunch went (I knew they were having a BIG group over).  So, I figured it must be pretty great.  I'm going to try it.  From what I've read I think it should be called Yorkshire bread. Yorkshire pud

coffee at ikea

Phil is coming home today! Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. This morning I canceled a doctor's appointment (who needs immunizations anyway?) so that Mom and I could take full advantage of the nanny and could enjoy a morning at IKEA. Mom's flying out tonight and we won't have another chance to just hang out the 2 of us before they fly to the States for the holidays. Our first stop was at the IKEA restaurant for coffee and a danish. The store was pretty empty so it was really nice just wondering around. Mom bought Maddie's bday gift - a wooden baby bed for her favorite doll. Then we finished it off with a hotdog and flat coke. The weather it typical here today. Rainy and cool. Both girls are snoozing and since I had 2 cups of coffee, I am not.