Skip to main content

saturday morning cartoons

We got home from a trip to Wuhan last night. Phil and I had some meetings to attend. This morning we all slept until 8am. Wow. Well, to clarify, Madeleine and I both slept till 8, the other 2 are still asleep.

I've decided that Saturday mornings can be "cartoon" mornings for Maddie. We don't have cartoons that she can watch on Chinese TV so she can watch multiple episodes of Dora, Blue's Clues or something like that. I wish we had cartoons. That would be fun.

This morning is gray and a tiny bit cool. I'd love it to be totally fall like but we're not there yet. Lots of folks are already wearing long sleeves - mostly the elderly - and so we must have had cool weather while we were away. Once cold weather comes, even just for a couple days, the elderly and kids are often seen in long sleeves until fall and winter are completely over - meaning until around May 1st.

I'm trying to figure out a schedule for the nanny that we've met. She's worked for us twice now before we went to Wuhan (were there 4 days). I have to figure in my language study time (5 hours a week which I hope to do with the office staff), office time and just the general amount of time that I want her around to be with the girls. Our biggest factors for having a nanny here is for Lilian and Maddie's language, so that I can study and be a part of the CCA work. I think I've figured out a good schedule for us so I'll call Xiao Hui later this morning and see what she thinks.

I like her a lot so I hope we can work it out in a way that is good for us all.

For some reason, life seems very exciting this morning.

Popular posts from this blog

to Madeleine

So it's here. It's September 1, 2010. Madeleine Diane Steiner, the girl that made me a mom, is going to kindergarten. She's 4 years and 10 months old. Why does my heart ache and my eyes well up with tears? Madeleine is showing signs of growing up and somehow that feels sad. Who knows all the reasons why but I safely assume I'm not the first mom to have these feelings. And I assume I'll feel them many times again. I have all these hopes and fears for her today. I hope she makes friends. I fear that she'll be lonely. I hope she loves to learn. I fear that she'll be overwhelmed with the Chinese language. I hope she gets the best education we can offer her. I fear that I'll too soon be writing about her first day of middle school, high school, college. Yet, in these hopes and fears I have this knowledge that this is all right. This is good. This is how it should be. She is meant to grow up, meant to move in to a stage of life where challenge...

bakery

This morning I got up around 5:30am. I'm leading a study tonight at a friend's house and so I've had time to this morning to think over what I want to share with my sisters. Our weather cooled off yesterday and this morning it's still cool and the crickets sound so lovely. Something about this morning has reminded me of working at My Favorite Muffin in Clarkesville. I had to get up around 5:30am back then so I could be at the shop at 6am. We opened at 6:30. I was never the only one on the road but it always felt peaceful and fresh driving to the bakery. The baker was always at the shop before me. He would get there around 5am to start the days baking. I really loved that job. It was so simple and predictable but it was just a great job. The sun is just coming up here and it looks like a nice day is coming. This is our last full day with the Littletons here. They'll leave tomorrow night for their flights back to Thailand. I'll miss them.

going to the Mellen Center

I am so glad that I'm saved. I love having a Savior that gets me. A Savior that holds me and carries me and walks with me and cheers for me. A Savior that doesn't care that I'm weak and tired and so inclined to doubt but instead he gets excited in my weakness because then he can be best understood. I also love that he doesn't want me to be weak. So he gives me strength. I remember the first time Phil told me that he loved me. I felt shocked and astounded. That this guy that I thought was so awesome, loved me. And he told me! He didn't have to. He just couldn't help it. He loved me so much that he just had to let me know. And then there's my Savior. Jesus. He loves me. He loves me so much that he just had to tell me. He didn't have to love me but he does and he told me. He told me this morning, too. He keeps telling me over and over how much he loves me. Jesus loves me. I'm astounded.