Skip to main content

another fresh, crisp day

I wish that every morning I woke up this early (I've been awake since 5:06am). I can leisurely make coffee, paint my toenails (random but I did), read some from James (a very convicting book for me over the last few days, especially about my evil tongue), look at a drawing that Katie Stemple did (her parents work at BFA, a boarding school in Germany) and see that she's really creative and detail-oriented (she's a 1st grader and Maddie's BFF). And now I'm blogging.

You'd think that since I live at BB and every single day I'm just about knocked over by the beauty and sweetness of God, I'd be blogging like crazy. But I have a greater urge to sit on the porch and stare at the tree in the front yard with the rope swing and the rope ladder. Or I'd rather take my coffee, put on a hoodie and sit by the lake and look out over the seemingly endless miles of water. I really can't get enough of sky, water, trees, grass, leaves, plants, flowers, mud, shells - all of it I love.

I imagine that heaven on earth could be a lot like this but with more amazement, greatness, peace and with Jesus dropping by to bring us freezer jam. Really, strawberry freezer jam has got to be a foretaste of heaven.

Over the last few weeks (this Friday will be 4 weeks that we've been here) I've grown in my love of running and it has so much to do with God's presence while I'm doing it. I had one run where I know for certain that God and I were having the grandest time together. I was jumping over puddles and slipping in mud (running on the trails around here) and I was smiling and I could feel that God was so delighted in me. It was the 1st time in my life that I sensed a totally playful creator. I wasn't praying or thinking deep thoughts about scripture. I was simply delighting in my savior and him in me.

Sometimes after I run I'll go sit at the end of the pier and look out over the water. I've given up on being reserved and discreet. I just raise my hands and worship. How can I not?

I had feared that living here would make me struggle with moving back to China. But actually, as I rest here I'm finding that my desire to serve Him is growing stronger and when it's time to go back, I'll be ready.

Hebrews 6:7 - Land that drinks in the rain often falling on it and that produces a crop useful to those for whom it is farmed receives the blessing of God.




Popular posts from this blog

my amazing daughters

*Disclaimer* - The following may not be amazing at all. Lilian can blow her nose.  Hold a tissue to her nose, say "blow" and she blows her nose.  She's 10 months old.  I'm sorry, but that is amazing. Lilian answers questions by shaking her head "yes" or "no".  For example, "Do you want more to drink?"  followed by her head shaking "no". Lilian knows exactly what she is not allowed to touch.  As she approaches the forbidden object she starts shaking her head "no". She waves goodbye and hello. She puts objects to her ear, pretends it's a cell phone and says, "hi." Phil once heard her say, "All done!" Madeleine can tell you the story of Lazarus being raised from the dead.  She knew it after hearing it one time.  She can also tell you about Jesus' ressurection but Lazarus sometimes ends up in there too. She is 3 years old and 5 months. She gets up every morning around 5:30am, goes to the bathroo

rainy, sleepy saturday afternoon

This is perfect.  My husband and eldest daughter are asleep in the living room with an F1 race on. My baby is asleep in her room.  I've had time to sort through my entire wardrobe and pull out the stuff I never wear.  I just finished looking up recipes for Yorkshire pudding, roast beef and pie crust.  I've had a cup of tea.  Plus I had a nap earlier. For some reason my mother-in-law's pie crust recipe sometimes works well and sometimes makes me want to throw the messy, crumbly dough out our 8t h floor window.  So, I've decided that I will find the perfect crust.  It's going to take a lot of sacrifice on our part as we eat my attempts. Some Canadian friends ate Yorkshire pudding at their Easter meal.  It was the one dish my friend mentioned when I asked how their lunch went (I knew they were having a BIG group over).  So, I figured it must be pretty great.  I'm going to try it.  From what I've read I think it should be called Yorkshire bread. Yorkshire pud

coffee at ikea

Phil is coming home today! Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. This morning I canceled a doctor's appointment (who needs immunizations anyway?) so that Mom and I could take full advantage of the nanny and could enjoy a morning at IKEA. Mom's flying out tonight and we won't have another chance to just hang out the 2 of us before they fly to the States for the holidays. Our first stop was at the IKEA restaurant for coffee and a danish. The store was pretty empty so it was really nice just wondering around. Mom bought Maddie's bday gift - a wooden baby bed for her favorite doll. Then we finished it off with a hotdog and flat coke. The weather it typical here today. Rainy and cool. Both girls are snoozing and since I had 2 cups of coffee, I am not.