Skip to main content

up

I woke up early this morning for it being Saturday. I've always had a hard time sleeping in but now that I usually try to get up before Maddie to have "time before I'm needed" time, I always seem to wake up before 6am. So, I decided to write.

It would be nice to have some coffee and a bagel with cream cheese. The coffee I have but although the thought is nice the actual making and then drinking doesn't appeal to me. I also have bagels. METRO sells bags of frozen, plain bagels. I bought a bag last week. They're shaped like bagels but I don't think they really are. I'm not sure what the requirements are for bagels but these are too airy to be real. It doesn't help that they are absolutely nothing like My Favorite Muffin's. Which of course, is what I'm craving.

The cream cheese is also at METRO and it's Philadelphia Cream Cheese which we all know would be good but it's WAY to expensive to justify spreading on a fake bagel.

Yesterday Phil and I went to the brand spankin new Wal-mart in town. Would we ever make a point to go to a new Wal-mart in the States? No. But here it's different. It just is. I'm not going to try to explain. We found Doritos. And some good brown bread. We also bought a little rotissierre chicken. This country now has 90 Wal-marts. I can't imagine us visiting this one much. It's nothing that great but they do have Doritos.

A week from today is Madeleine's birthday. She'll be 2. It seems like we've known her a lot longer than 2 years. Next Saturday is also the last soccer game of the season for our local team. I had thought about having a "tail gate" party/ birthday bash but it's too much work. I'd want to borrow the office's grill, roast hot dogs, have other food, a cake, all the plasticware, get permission to have it down in the courtyard, set-up, clean-up, plus I might feel like puking that whole day. So, it's not going to happen. A pretty big group of students and a couple teachers are going to the last game. Hopefully, we can find a sitter for Maddie so we can both go.

For Maddie's bday we'll just invite a few of her friends (and their parents) either here to the house or we may go to an indoor playground that she and all her little friends love. We'll have a cake but I don't think we'll do lunch for everyone.

This last week I think I felt good more than I did sick. I had one really bad day but other than that I felt pretty well. Next Friday I have my 1st Dr's appointment. I'll have an ultrasound done. For peace of mind and to see how many babies we're having.

Popular posts from this blog

my amazing daughters

*Disclaimer* - The following may not be amazing at all. Lilian can blow her nose.  Hold a tissue to her nose, say "blow" and she blows her nose.  She's 10 months old.  I'm sorry, but that is amazing. Lilian answers questions by shaking her head "yes" or "no".  For example, "Do you want more to drink?"  followed by her head shaking "no". Lilian knows exactly what she is not allowed to touch.  As she approaches the forbidden object she starts shaking her head "no". She waves goodbye and hello. She puts objects to her ear, pretends it's a cell phone and says, "hi." Phil once heard her say, "All done!" Madeleine can tell you the story of Lazarus being raised from the dead.  She knew it after hearing it one time.  She can also tell you about Jesus' ressurection but Lazarus sometimes ends up in there too. She is 3 years old and 5 months. She gets up every morning around 5:30am, goes to the bathroo

rainy, sleepy saturday afternoon

This is perfect.  My husband and eldest daughter are asleep in the living room with an F1 race on. My baby is asleep in her room.  I've had time to sort through my entire wardrobe and pull out the stuff I never wear.  I just finished looking up recipes for Yorkshire pudding, roast beef and pie crust.  I've had a cup of tea.  Plus I had a nap earlier. For some reason my mother-in-law's pie crust recipe sometimes works well and sometimes makes me want to throw the messy, crumbly dough out our 8t h floor window.  So, I've decided that I will find the perfect crust.  It's going to take a lot of sacrifice on our part as we eat my attempts. Some Canadian friends ate Yorkshire pudding at their Easter meal.  It was the one dish my friend mentioned when I asked how their lunch went (I knew they were having a BIG group over).  So, I figured it must be pretty great.  I'm going to try it.  From what I've read I think it should be called Yorkshire bread. Yorkshire pud

coffee at ikea

Phil is coming home today! Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. This morning I canceled a doctor's appointment (who needs immunizations anyway?) so that Mom and I could take full advantage of the nanny and could enjoy a morning at IKEA. Mom's flying out tonight and we won't have another chance to just hang out the 2 of us before they fly to the States for the holidays. Our first stop was at the IKEA restaurant for coffee and a danish. The store was pretty empty so it was really nice just wondering around. Mom bought Maddie's bday gift - a wooden baby bed for her favorite doll. Then we finished it off with a hotdog and flat coke. The weather it typical here today. Rainy and cool. Both girls are snoozing and since I had 2 cups of coffee, I am not.