Skip to main content

born leader

Yesterday afternoon we went with 2 other families (Tompkins - new family and Koks- our neighbors) to an indoor playground. Madeleine and YaLi have been there before but Phil and I hadn't. It was so much fun. The place has a ball pit, slides, tubes to crawl through, a swing, see-saws, a trampoline, and other fun stuff. All together there were 7 foreign kids and 5 adults. There were a hand full of other kids playing there too but not very crowded at all. Afterwards we all went to KFC for dinner and then played in a fountain. It's the type of fountain that's set to music and easily played in.

Madeleine was the first of the kids to venture into it. She was so cute and even though she slid down twice she couldn't get enough of it. She did get a bit cold and it always brought a laugh from the masses when she had a big shiver. When we arrived at the fountain there were lots of people watching it but when we all left it was packed. Every kid was soaked and I was pretty wet, too. It was a great evening. Phil and I were so proud of how Maddie was the first to start playing in the fountain. Definitely the highlight of my week.

Our colds are lingering. Madeleine's is a cough now and mine seemed to be improving and then last night my throat got sore again.

Yesterday morning the 3 of us went to a dog/pet and plant market. We had gone there on Friday afternoon too but it was practically dead and we were told to come back on Saturday because there would be a lot more dogs. Well there were and it was packed. We had Maddie's stroller and it was a minor miracle that we made it through the place. I thought it was a horrible experience since I have a cold, it was already blazing hot at 9:30am and Maddie didn't want to sit in her stroller. Oddly, Phil enjoyed it. It was a bit of a success (we'll see down the road exactly how successful) in that we found a man who raises Italian greyhounds. He told us that they're raised for catching rabbits. Which sounds right but not really what we need ours to do. Maybe roaches but not rabbits.

He has some month old pups and we had set up this morning, Sunday, to meet him and check them out. However, last night we realized that pups shouldn't be taken from their moms until they're around 8 weeks old. So Phil called and explained that we'd like to wait a couple weeks. It seems that he has various ages of pups right now so we may still meet him and see some older ones. When I went to bed last night around 11pm it wasn't worked out yet so we'll see what happens today.

It's not as easy as just popping over to his place because he lives outside of the city somewhere. So we're kinda working through a middle-man who has a shop and knows this guy. We do feel confident that he does have Italian greyhounds though. So that's nice.

I feel a bit like were adopting a child. Which in reality is pretty much what we'll be doing if this works. Puppies are like newborns in a lot of ways. So I'm a little nervous. But really excited, too.

Popular posts from this blog

my amazing daughters

*Disclaimer* - The following may not be amazing at all. Lilian can blow her nose.  Hold a tissue to her nose, say "blow" and she blows her nose.  She's 10 months old.  I'm sorry, but that is amazing. Lilian answers questions by shaking her head "yes" or "no".  For example, "Do you want more to drink?"  followed by her head shaking "no". Lilian knows exactly what she is not allowed to touch.  As she approaches the forbidden object she starts shaking her head "no". She waves goodbye and hello. She puts objects to her ear, pretends it's a cell phone and says, "hi." Phil once heard her say, "All done!" Madeleine can tell you the story of Lazarus being raised from the dead.  She knew it after hearing it one time.  She can also tell you about Jesus' ressurection but Lazarus sometimes ends up in there too. She is 3 years old and 5 months. She gets up every morning around 5:30am, goes to the bathroo

rainy, sleepy saturday afternoon

This is perfect.  My husband and eldest daughter are asleep in the living room with an F1 race on. My baby is asleep in her room.  I've had time to sort through my entire wardrobe and pull out the stuff I never wear.  I just finished looking up recipes for Yorkshire pudding, roast beef and pie crust.  I've had a cup of tea.  Plus I had a nap earlier. For some reason my mother-in-law's pie crust recipe sometimes works well and sometimes makes me want to throw the messy, crumbly dough out our 8t h floor window.  So, I've decided that I will find the perfect crust.  It's going to take a lot of sacrifice on our part as we eat my attempts. Some Canadian friends ate Yorkshire pudding at their Easter meal.  It was the one dish my friend mentioned when I asked how their lunch went (I knew they were having a BIG group over).  So, I figured it must be pretty great.  I'm going to try it.  From what I've read I think it should be called Yorkshire bread. Yorkshire pud

coffee at ikea

Phil is coming home today! Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. This morning I canceled a doctor's appointment (who needs immunizations anyway?) so that Mom and I could take full advantage of the nanny and could enjoy a morning at IKEA. Mom's flying out tonight and we won't have another chance to just hang out the 2 of us before they fly to the States for the holidays. Our first stop was at the IKEA restaurant for coffee and a danish. The store was pretty empty so it was really nice just wondering around. Mom bought Maddie's bday gift - a wooden baby bed for her favorite doll. Then we finished it off with a hotdog and flat coke. The weather it typical here today. Rainy and cool. Both girls are snoozing and since I had 2 cups of coffee, I am not.